Mini UAS Indago
Indago mini UAS – operational within a few minutes, controlled by one person, with 45 minutes of flying time, multiple payloads and a range of between 2-20 km depending on the used transmission system. Ideal for maritime operations and in support of tactical teams.
The Lockheed Martin Indago quadrotor unmanned aerial system (UAS) goes beyond an average drone’s capabilities. With its leading endurance and quick deployment ability, Indago gives civilians and warfighters an eye-in-the sky in just minutes. The UAS, along with its payload options and advanced ground control software, helps users to accomplish diverse missions including precision agriculture, firefighting, first response, and mapping, surveying and inspections.
DEPLOYED IN MINUTES
The collapsible Indago quadrotor UAS weighs less than 5 lbs. and folds into a man-packable unit that requires no tools for assembly. Indago can be unfolded in 60 seconds, and airborne in just 2.5 minutes.
In addition to its compact folding design and quick setup time, the Indago quadrotor UAS features include:
- Whisper quiet, rugged, all-weather capability
- Configurable failsafe behaviors
- Industry-leading image stabilization
- Proven Kestrel 3 autopilot
- Multiple hot-swappable payload options
- Up to 50 minutes flight time with 200 gram payload
- Line-of-sight range of 2.5 kilometer
- More than 3 kilometer range using optional long range antennae kit
- A ready to fly weight of 5 lbs. with payload included (2,268 grams)
- UAV dimensions (L x W x H):
- Open: 32 x 32 x 7
- Folded: 12 x 9 x 6
- Operating altitude of 10-500 ft. AGL (typical), 18,000 ft. MSL
In tandem with the UAV platform, the Indago quadrotor UAS includes a weather-resistant wireless hand controller, which provides an easy-to-use interface for untethered UAV operation. The wireless hand controller can be used for small unmanned aircraft operation, whether fixed wing or VTOL, to provide onboard video recording and high resolution still images. With a runtime of four hours, the lightweight 3.5 lbs. hand controller has an ergonomic design with a large touchscreen. Among its capabilities are a full spectrum of features that help make the Indago VTOL transcend the capabilities of an average drone:
- Virtual Cockpit™ user-friendly mapping interface
- Powerful mission planning tools
- In-flight re-tasking
- Full waypoint navigation
- Windows-based operating system
- Wi-Fi link to laptop and video dissemination
- Integrated GPS and 4G LTE connectivity
INDAGO: READY FOR CIVIL, MILITARY APPLICATIONS
The Indago goes beyond the stable, capable design of the unmanned aerial vehicle. Features include an extended hover and fast forward flight capability that provides military, civil and commercial customers with a quick aerial reconnaissance capability in crowded areas unreachable by fixed-wing unmanned aircraft. The Indago’s payload system provides additional capability that separates Indago from the average drone. Featuring a quick disconnect adapter, Indago allows the operator to choose an appropriate payload that suits the mission. There are payloads available for a variety of different applications including: precision agriculture, mapping, surveying and inspection, and reconnaissance. Additional payloads are in development.
Indago can operate through wind, smoke, dust and flames to help firefighters identify the intensity and location of hot spots, as well as provide information on areas where people and property are at risk.
Following natural or manmade disasters, Indago provides mapping and terrain data in areas with no roads and environmental challenges.
After a fire, an accident or in hazardous search-and-rescue operations, first responders need to quickly assess the situation and determine how to assist or find people in dangerous situations.
When time is critical during first response operations such as search and rescue, the Indago can be deployed to extend the eyes of first responders and increase their efficiency.
Commercial farmers use the Indago VTOL to monitor their crops using the system’s high resolution imagery.
Indago can safely and quickly conduct required inspections of commercial, agricultural and industrial systems, reducing the risk and costs of these reviews.
- 10 mp EO camera allows for high resolution still imagery as well as 640×480 streaming/recording video (upgradable to 720p). Digital zoom capability provides detail without loss of resolution
- Enhanced clarity of IR camera by improving lens material and adopting combat-proven camera settings
- Integrated laser illuminator for enhanced situational awareness during night operations
- Industry-leading mechanical and electronic stabilization on both elevation and roll keep the image rock solid in even the worst environmental conditions
- Vision processing provides feature tracking of objects, reducing operator workload
- Real-time Geo-location and Geo-pointing capability
- Image Capture
- 10 mp EO with 40° FOV
- IR Camera: 640×480
- EO 640×480 30 fps
- IR 640×480 30 fps, 9 fps (Export version)
- Laser Illuminator
- 100 mw, 850 nm, 4 degree beam
- Pitch/Roll mechanical stabilization
- Inner-stage electronic stabilization
- Full lower hemisphere field of regard
- Mechanical isolation provides pixel level clarity
- Weight: 250 grams
- All Weather capability